The department of Mechanical Engineering imparts practical knowledge and skills to the students through theories and practical experiment with a greater thrust in areas like design concepts and manufacturing technology besides computer aided design, drafting and manufacturing.
The Laboratory facilities will include:
- Thermal Engineering Lab, equipped with Boiler, Steam Turbine, Twin Cylinder engines, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning equipments.
- CAD/CAM Lab having trainer CNC lathes, CNC trainer milling machines and CAM software packages including CAPSTURN, SEENAC, ESPIRIT etc
- Machine Shop, with universal milling machine, Centreless grinders, cylindrical grinders, lathes, shapers, drilling machines, slotting machines etc.
- Metrology Lab, with metallurgical microscopes, heat treating equipments.
- Strength of Materials Lab, with all testing equipment like universal, Hardness testing etc., for study of mechanical properties of materials.
- Fluid Mechanics and Machinery Lab, with hydraulic turbines, pumps, flow measuring devices etc.